[SEL] Test

maytagtwin@aol.com, maytagtwin at aol.com
Sun May 3 20:02:15 PDT 2015

Hi Bob,
Same here, pretty quiet.  It has been a long time since I have found any older engines, the last being last fall when I brought home  McCormic Deering 1 1/2 (not the suitcase, the larger with two flywheels.

I have been watching the junk pile that appears at our weekly local auction house and have salvaged three or four older Briggs and a Tecumseh.  They come attached to lawn mowers, or, in the case of the Tecumseh, an older Troybilt garden tiller.  I hate to see them go to the scrappers and I'll have some fun making them run.

The Briggs are 5S, 3 with rope start and a Model B with geared crankstart.  The Troybilt is the Tecumseh Model HH60 which is, I think, the original engine.  I have been finding parts such as ignition points, carbs, etc on eBay.

Ron
Poverty Ridge Central,
Clearmont, MO USA