[SEL] Reggie everywhere

ozengine at yahoo.com.au ozengine at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 15 16:53:52 PDT 2015

Got back last week from 2 weeks in Tasmania. This was to take in the National and Sheffield Steamfest rallies and a round-Tas holiday with the gang. To see the rollers and locos drive up and park outside the pub for the dinner was spectacular, unique in Oz I would think. We had a great time there, it's really beautiful. Amongst the many things we saw, was the Zeehan museum (in Zeehan, of course). This was good, real good, but the highlight of that visit was meeting Reggie's daughter (Carol?) Who works there, part time!

Things about Reg always turn up unexpectedly!  She was very nice, and helpful answering historical questions, said he was 80 this year, still going strong, Marg as well. When I said we was here for the Rally, she added that her Dad builds model engines, that was notable, but when she said he lives in Newc, well that gave it away! I remember when Reg first joined the list, he was the age that I am now...

Graham in Oz