[SEL] Maytag washer

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Fri Mar 13 10:55:53 PDT 2015

Richard,
I think it was the model 60 that came with an Apple Green Finish.
A grey washer that gives off a brown or greenish
cast is displaying the contamination of the paint
surface with oils and dirts. Maytags washer paint
was just a plain old enamel and was highly
susceptible to dirt and oil penetrating the
paint. Some times you can bring out the original
shade by finding a spot with decent paint and polishing on it. Mark

At 10:19 AM 3/13/2015, you wrote:
>I'm going to have to call it a medium gray with
>a touch of brown or yellow in it. I'm sure it's
>original as a big share of the paint is gone
>and it's bare metal underneath. Â My Mom had one
>just like it back in the 30's and 40's and it
>was the off gray color. Ron Perma Frost
>Â  Â  Â       On Friday, March 13, 2015 9:32 AM,
>Richard Fink Sr <rfinksr at verizon.net>
>wrote:    Ron what color is the tub on your
>washer, i ask because i had one i sold in my
>auction last fall that was green. Auctioneer
>said re never saw one that color. IT was not
>repainted that we could find. R Fink PA On
>3/13/2015 7:05 AM, Ron Frost wrote: > I got one
>and it's a square tub aluminum.I think just what
>your looking for. It's in Kersey, PA. How about
>$50.00 . Will take pictures of you are
>interested. It's complete even with electric
>motor. >Â  Â  Ron Perma
>Frost > >Â  Â  Â  > >Â  Â  Â  On Thursday, March
>12, 2015 9:06 PM, Leroy Clark
><1oldengin at gmail.com> wrote: >Â  Â  > >Â  I am
>looking for a Maytag washer. I would hope it to
>be the aluminum style > and does not need a
>motor. Thanks Leroy >

Mark Shulaw
454 County Road 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817
USA

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home
Hobby Collector and Dealer in John Deere
and Hercules Engines.
Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com
Where Is John Galt