[SEL] Big news at the Baraboo Show!

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 09:46:30 PDT 2014

The Badger Steam and Gas Engine Club is in the process of purchasing the 117.98 acre parcel directly to the north of the showground, at a cost of $554,600.00.
The owner recently passed away and left the land to his son and daughter. These heirs approached the club at the end of August and offered the property to the club.There was, of course, opposition to the purchase and a special meeting was held yesterday to address the matter. After some lively (by lively I mean 'FUN") debate, the question was called and the vote was taken. The results were 3:1 in favor. When we take possession of this new property, we will have 264.25 acres.
The wheels turn slow but in time we will extend the flea market and swap meet to the north, widening the rows for easier access. We also will be expanding the gas engine area to the north. Much of the pine plantation on this new parcel will be clear cut and the stumps grubbed out, making room for a new parking lot for the engine guys, relieving the congestion in the engine area but allowing you to have your vehicle reasonably close.
There are also plans to expand the engine area westward as well, displacing some camping into the new land to accommodate this expansion.
Eventually I hope to push for the construction of a new, modern restroom facility up there somewhere but that is a ways off in the future because our discretionary spending will be consumed by the real estate purchase.
Now, I ask you folks for some help. Most of us at Baraboo don't go to many shows. Between work, life and our own show, we are either too busy or too burned out. The result is that we are often blind to things that may be obvious to others. With this new property comes the opportunity to make big changes. So, I ask you: What do you suggest we do differently or additionally? If you want to email suggestions to me, I will pass them along and see what we can do.
Thank you,
Joe