[SEL] 40 hp Y

cgandree at mchsi.com cgandree at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 5 03:15:45 PST 2014

Bill,
Give Gibbs penetrating oil spray a chance. I ve unsized most of the stuck pistons on all my restored engines for many years plus it will eat rusted nuts and bolts quickly. One can runs around $12 but worth every penny. Plus it will not freeze nor easily catch fire if you use a torch. It is advertised in GEM.

A question for you. My club the Stephenson County Antique Engine Club in Freeport Illinois owns a 30hp model Y Fairbanks engine which is displayed in our club building. I ve helped maintain and run it for many years and the original radiator which has been repaired many times is leaking. Do you know of a source for a new one?
Thank you,
Curt Andree