[SEL] Ebay shipping costs

ROGER DIRUSCIO solarrog at pacbell.net
Mon May 26 08:25:27 PDT 2014

I sell on Ebay, When you list an item you just remove the check that activates this program, If you use eBays label printing program it prints the customs labels for you. The only difference to the seller is you need to use the plastic pouch that you stick on the box with 2 copies. I just stick them in my mail box and away they go. 16 years on ebay

Roger DiRuscio, Real Estate Broker. GRI. Sales since 1977
The Realty Experts 510-226-2414  Fremont, California 94539
DRE #00615513

On Monday, May 26, 2014 3:00 AM, Peter Lowe <plowe at exemail.com.au> wrote:

>There is a way to stop the auto Global Shipping Program.
>(My eBay summary page)
>account > site preferences > shipping preferences > Offer the Global Shipping Program > edit > no
>
>This then frees up the postage section to allow First Class International Post.
>Why would you guys want to get slugged more by a
 darn middle man, Pitney Bowes.
>I wanted an item recently from the USA, the cost of the item was $20, they wanted $87 postage via Priority International, it would have gone into a flat post bag. Something is seriously wrong.
>I guess I will be taking up the offer of friends here to purchase a few items on the odd occasion.
>Peter, Oz
>

>As an active USA seller I can say it's overly complicated and intimidating to ship to a foreign address, thanks to some combination of our own postal system and international customs requirements.  But if you stick with it for a bit it becomes manageable.
>
>I, too, saw these eBay offers to manage my international shipments and hadn't checked the offer out yet.  Sounds like it's not a good deal for anybody but eBay.  But they've got a ready market of folks out there who don't want the hassle of international shipping, presumably folks who without the eBay
 service wouldn't offer their goods for international sale.

 Message -----

 sellers description you are trapped by ebay to
>> use this.
>> EDD PAYNE
>> PO Box 364 Gulgong N.S.W
>> Australia