[SEL] Webster Mag for Hercules?

Alan rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 18:20:04 PDT 2014

Thank you Arnie.
I wonder why I still have not seen my post with the question,,,,
I did go to Smok-Stak and find that answer.
I have had the 1 1/2 HP E for at least 15 years so it is about time to take it to the Buckley show and see if I can fire it up. I believe I have found all of the parts I either bought for it or removed from it so long ago.
Tomorrow I hope I have time to pull it out and check it's gas tank out.

Two years ago I took a 1911 Ottawa 4HP footed base farm engine that hadn't run in 82 years to the show. It had to have a cart or some tall skids because the 24" flywheels were setting on the ground. I took lumber, wheels, axles and bolts and spent the first day of the show building the cart and mounting the engine. Day two I was working on the reproduction ignitor made by George Meyers and the trip arm wouldn't line up so I replaced it with a 3/8 bolt and two nuts. It was easy then to adjust it. Using the mixer it last run with was a small challenge because it is so worn out. It had so many air leaks that I screwed the fuel knob all the way out so I slapped a piece of Gorilla tape over the mixer air inlet and cut a 3/4" slit in it. Then I could adjust it and instead of a few barks it fired up, I got it tuned in and ran it for a while then I shut it down. I ran it the next day too. It has a strong bark when it fires.
I had to pick the gov. springs from my parts stock and my guess is it was running pretty close to rated speed. I have a Letz #6 feed grinder for it to pull so I want the whole 4HP.

I am not doing corn this year so that is why I picked one of my project engines to fire up.
Every time I do one of these at the show I get a LOT of people hanging around.
There were at least 30 there for the Ottawa.
Doing this at the show I find I am getting guys wanting me to look at their engines to tell them what they need. The last guy was going to take his all apart to figure out why it wouldn't latch out and I just told him to remove that small bolt and turn that part around.
The small latch out block was all chipped away on the edge and the guy spent five minutes turning it around and was so happy to have a slow runner instead of that raging beast.
I do not understand why they can't just look at it and see the real problem.