[SEL] Re(Sel) Rough and Tumble

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 30 19:00:02 PDT 2014

Hi Kerry, I am no-longer driving so I seldom get to an engine show!
I do remember just before 1959 when I took my Station Engines on my trailer
to the
rally site at Preston Lancashire. The bus & lorry historical firm
were making new vehicles & testing them in the week on a new test track.
They let us use the vehicle test site to a new show site!

We set up the displace engines well but the second part was torrential
rainfall & stationary
Engines running one foot deep in water!
When we needed to leave the site we needed three big tractors pulling our
vehicle & trailer
Over seas of mud to get them out. Happy Early Days!

See
http://www.madeinpreston.co.uk/Road/leylandinfo.html