[SEL] OFF TOPIC - Pitching horseshoes

Best, George George.Best at adp.com
Tue Sep 3 09:29:41 PDT 2013

This is definitely off topic, but does involve old iron ;-)

Don't know if any of you play horseshoes or even know anything about the game, but yesterday was too good to not tell anyone.

I live out in the country and some of the houses on our road have horseshoe pits and for many years now we've had what we call the "Daniel Road Horseshoe Pitching Association".  The name makes it sound serious, but really it is just neighbors and a few friends getting together once a week during the summer months to play friendly horseshoe games, have a few beers, and rib each other.

Yesterday was our season end and the best games I've ever pitched.

During the games I played, I tossed 6 or 7 double ringers and in one game tossed double ringers in three straight turns. (six consecutive ringers)
Overall I thought I was tossing  around 50% ringers, although others though it was much higher which I'm sure they were greatly exaggerating.

Just curious, are there any others on the SEL who pitch horseshoes?

George