[SEL] Veterans Day

Best, George George.Best at adp.com
Mon Nov 11 08:53:37 PST 2013

Another vet and I usually take our wives out to dinner on Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.  We've been doing that for many years now although the main place we go changed their policy a few years ago.  Originally, vets could order anything off the regular menu and your entire meal was free.
Although we still had to pay for our spouses meals as neither of them are veterans.  A few years ago they came up with a limited menu which vets could choose from.

We're trying Applebees's tonight for the first time on the free meal.  Almost tried it a few years ago, but the parking lot was full and the line of vets waiting to get in was out the door!  Went to Subway instead and got a free sandwich.

On my way to work this morning I stopped at a restaurant and got a free breakfast.

I can also get a free car wash on my way home from work today, but doubt I'll take them up on that offer.

One of the few benefits of being a veteran.  Still don't get the day off from work, but I'm not complaining.

George