[SEL] An alternative to cast iron parts

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sat Nov 9 08:20:18 PST 2013

Subject: Re: This'll Make the Gun Banner's Heads Explode
From:    "Frank DeWitt LBP" <Frank at lbpinc.com>
Date:    Sat, November 9, 2013 11:03 am
To:      fero_ah at city-net.com

I discovered the company Solid Concepts at an engine show. I was looking
at a odd little 4 cyl marine engine. I pointed to the gear box that held
the distributer and mounted on the block and pointed out that it was a
odd color and didn't look like a old casting. The owner explained that
he had bought the engine cheep because it had a shattered cast iron
part. It was the only one known and there were no parts available. He
used the shattered parts to build a CAD model. He had the model printed
by Solid Concepts. He then reamed the holes, pressed in the sleeve
bearings, tapped the mounting holes and bolted it on and ran the engine.

I have used Solid Concepts for a number of parts, they do good work.

Arnie, If you like, send this off to the engine list.

Frank

--
“Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for
almost all economic growth in the United States,”

President Reagan.

HONOR GOD
SERVE PEOPLE
DEVELOP EXCELLENCE
GROW PROFITABLE
FOLLOWING BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES

    Frank DeWitt           |  mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
    Mechanical Design      |  Phone:  585 624 3052
    LBP  INC.              |  Fax     585 624 1038
    2365 Cox Rd.           |
    Bloomfield NY 14469    |Web  http://www.lbpinc.com/