[SEL] Web Help

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Tue Feb 19 08:27:40 PST 2013

Hello List,
Not totally "on topic" but engine related. Once again I am coming to you for a little help and advice.
Before Webshots went bust and Smiles took over for photo storage, I had a link on my website www.oldengine.org/members/betz where the public could click and see many more of my Show Albums outside of the ones on my website.
Since Webshots is no longer, I have been searching for a photo storage that can do the same as Webshots; Save my albums and allow the "public" to view them.
 I have tried Picasa with very little success and much confusion as Picasa and Google and Google+ all seem to be related into one.  Each time I would try to do something on Picasa/Google, I just got confused and aggravated.
Then I tried Flickr which seemed to be much easier to navigate, with a little better results but, last night I ran into a problem.
I have found a way to allow the public to view my Photo Albums but, Flickr won't allow photos to be displayed "Between Frames" and then directs the viewer to my "Photostream" page www.flickr.com/photos/pipbetz     Which I don't feel is where I want the public to be - but it works.     Also, It puts the public at a disadvantage as there is no path back to my site.
I have looked at Ron Haskel's Picasa site and he has it together.  I just can't seem to follow Picasa and do the same thing.
Question:   Is there any other list members that link from their website to a photo storage site that will allow the public to view your albums?   Of course I'm looking for a FREE photo storage site and one that is more "user friendly" than the ones mentioned.

Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
 ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
 \/)"(\/       If there are no dogs in heaven, when I die I want to go where they went.
 (_0_)            "In memory of Bre-Dog"