[SEL] 1988 Crossley-Otto Slide Valve Piano Base 2 hp

Tommy Turner Lcjudge at scrtc.com
Wed Sep 19 07:22:29 PDT 2012

Arnie,
	I certainly want to be there but I'm sure I'll be more of a
spectator than a buyer.  On the Crossley Otto....its hard to say.  I would
be surprised if it didn't end up across the water.

	What I want to kick myself over is I could have bought the engine in
the late 80's for less than $10,000.  When I decided I had better go on and
purchase it I called the gent in England who owned it (his name was Ed
Moffett) and he had sold it a couple of weeks prior.  But, that was
then....this is now.  As a "guesstimate" to what it will bring, I'd say in
excess of twice the amount you speculated.  (If it were much less than that
maybe I will be a buyer....that is if the wife and the bank both were to say
"yes").

	There certainly is some fine iron in that sale.

Tommy Turner