[SEL] Blackstone keys

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Tue Oct 16 16:19:32 PDT 2012

On Oct 16, 2012, at 1:18 PM, rdhaskell at juno.com wrote:

> I am in the process of making keys for the flywheel on my '29 Blackstone
> JSI.  Is the taper 1/8" per foot?  Thanks.

The gib key on my Crossley is ⅛” per foot. Dog only knows about those guys at the Blackstone factory with their crooked broaches.

I was going to tell you that I used a hole gauge at either end of the flywheel bore, then measured the distance between the points where I measured. But that won’t be so easy in your situation, will it? Is it convenient to put the crankshaft back into the flywheel, so you can have someplace to measure?