[SEL] Auger?

curt at rustyiron.com curt at rustyiron.com
Tue Nov 27 19:18:26 PST 2012

Nels,
Not sure what you'll be conveying, but if you don't find something ready
made, consider making your own. A round bar or pipe and a hand full of
doughnut rings of sheetmetal. Cut them 4" OD and the ID to match the round
bar or pipe's OD. Then a single radial cut in each ring. Slide the rings
on the bar or pipe and stretch axially. Tack weld. Then stretch the next
and attach to the first, and so on.

I was studying how the screw conveyor under our Pangborn shot blast
machine at work was made, and this is the method they used.
Wouldn't take much to just make the short auger you are after.

Curt Holland
Bessemer City, NC