[SEL] Campbelltown Steam Museum Rally

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Sun May 20 19:03:18 PDT 2012

Hi Rob,
There is something wrong with my 5.5hp for it too cool off like it does. My
later 3.5hp will cool off a little but once running will go for many hours.
The best I was getting out of the early engine was a little over an hour.
Once I unload it  the spanners are coming out and I am going to have a look
at the coil in the vapouriser and whatever else I can think of to get the
engine a little more heat friendly.
I have only given it runs of half an hour or so at home so I never picked up
the problem :(
Patrick

On 20/5/12 11:49 PM, "Rob Skinner" <rob at rustyiron.com> wrote:

> On May 20, 2012, at 4:05 AM, Patrick Livingstone wrote:
>
>> Some pics from the May 2012 Campbelltown Steam Museum Rally at:
>> http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/cammay12/index.htm
>>
>> It was a nice weekend with some rare engines making an appearance. It was
>> the first weekend out for my early Austral and it ran OK (but not perfect).
>> It tends to cool off much more than my other lamp Austral so it needs a
>> little investigating :)
>> Patrick
>

> That¹s a whole lot of nice engines, Patrick!
>
> I was especially surprised to see that the Gibbs & Russell had made it to Oz.
> Who owns it now? I did an article on that engine years ago.
> http://www.rustyiron.com/Articles/bouma'sone-of-a-.html
>
> Your Austral runs cold? That¹s the way our Austral was, and everybody and his
> dog told me that Australs don¹t have that problem. No matter what everyone
> else says, I believe you.
>
> Thanks for the pictures.
> Rob

Patrick M Livingstone