[SEL] Gibbs & Russell

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Sun May 20 17:01:10 PDT 2012

On May 20, 2012, at 7:33 AM, Arnie Fero wrote:

> I was surprised that your otherwise excellent article didn't mention
> Fithian and Carruthers invention of the clutch pulley which made the
> half-breed concept possible.

Thanks for the link, Arnie. My articles are usually written with the goal of appealing to the intended audience within the confines of the available space. I just start writing and keep going until the page is filled. Then it’s finished. Besides, one must always be wary when writing of overgrown two-cycle engines, lest one become branded as a Maytag enthusiast.

Rob