[SEL] Gibbs & Russell

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Sun May 20 07:33:43 PDT 2012

Rob,

That's a really neat article on the Gibbs & Russell.  And you can really
see the "family resemblance" in the cross-head design to the later Gibbs &
Starret.

I was surprised that your otherwise excellent article didn't mention
Fithian and Carruthers invention of the clutch pulley which made the
half-breed concept possible.
http://gasengine.farmcollector.com/Gas-Engines/HISTORICAL-SKETCH-HALF-BREED-ENGINES.aspx?page=2
www.google.com/patents/US682126.pdf
www.google.com/patents/US682127.pdf

See ya,  Arnie

PS - Patrick, really looking forward to the tale of how this engine made
it to Oz.