[SEL] Compression question

Ron Gerlach r7734g at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 15:42:17 PDT 2012

Russel

I can't answer your question but I am curious if anybody has ever tried filling pits with an epoxy like JB Weld.  A little honing afterward should take all the epoxy out except what is nestled nicely in the pits.  It should be able to take the heat.  The rings cannot wear the epoxy past the level of the surrounding cast iron so it should not be worn away during use.  It should improve the compression.

I have a Stover with a similar problem and I was considering trying this.

RonG
Orange Ca