[SEL] Wooden Split Pulley refurbish

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Sat Mar 24 18:51:12 PDT 2012

My product of choice for this project would be kwik poly.  It's a 2-part
mixture that's the consistency of water for a couple of minutes.  Then it
sets up really hard.  You dam up the area to be treated and pour the stuff
in.  In this case where you have good contours for the existing pulley, I'd
suggest that simple tape be wrapped around the contour to provide the
barrier or mold.  If you end up with a little excess dripped or sagged out
somewhere, it's easy to use a rasp or file to take it back down.

I have used this successfully on fuel tanks, a shattered emergency brake
switch for my trailer, on an overhead door with a rotted segment, and more.

Nope, I don't sell the stuff and don't have a financial interest in the
company.  I don't even know where to get it, but your favorite search engine
will help with that.  I've just had good luck using it.

Maybe wait a bit on the project and see if someone has other ideas or a
contrary experience with Kwik Poly

Bill Brueck
   Pine Island, MN USA