[SEL] gluing plastic OT

MaytagTwin at aol.com MaytagTwin at aol.com
Mon Mar 12 19:20:07 PDT 2012

Hi Tom,
A glue that I would try is named "GOOP" and is  available at most hardware
stores.  It comes in a single tube and a tube  costs about $5.00.  It takes
about 24 hours to dry to full strength.   I would suggest you tape the
pieces to be glued together with masking or duct  tape on the outside, then apply
glue from the inside, bending the cracks open  and use a matchstick or
Q-tip to get glue into the crack, then run a bead on the  inside with the hood
sitting in the shape you want it to  remain.

Ron

PS:  It should be OK to take the tape off after a  couple of days.