[SEL] gluing plastic OT

curt at rustyiron.com curt at rustyiron.com
Fri Mar 9 18:11:59 PST 2012

Tom,
Do you have a thought on the material the hood is made of? Some of these
are made in polycarbonate, since it's quite stable at higher temps. There
are indeed specific glues for polycarbonate and I think glues for Lexan
fall in this category.
I'd focus first on identifying the material your hood is made of, then
seek the appropriate adhesive.
Curt Holland
Bessemer City, NC

> PC-7 is a two part epoxy with fiberglass.
> I have used it on many types of plastic.
> I had a 750 Honda that came with shattered side covers.
> I taped them together on the face then smeared the back side with PC-7 and
> when I took the tape off I installed the covers and nobody ever knew they
> were damaged.
> Five years later I traded that bike off and the covers still looked great.
>
> Alan in Michigan

sheet metal