[SEL] gluing plastic OT

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Fri Mar 9 14:22:58 PST 2012

One little trick to help stop the spread of the crack before you
attempt any repair. Its important to interrupt the fracture. Drill a
small hole at the furthest reach of the crack. You want to look real
close and be sure to find the very end of the crack. It does not take
much of a hole 1/16th or 3/32" even 1/8"  the hole will then be
filled by whatever adhesive or plastic filler you use. This same
thing is some times done with windshield glass. But instead of a hole
its just a dimple done with some type of burr?? Not sure what the
tool is they use on glass,  But its not a drill bit like we think.  Mark

At 04:29 PM 3/9/2012, you wrote:

>In a message dated 3/9/2012 2:00:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>frappi at wcoil.com writes:
>
>If its a John Deere Dealer Sold tractor yes its gonna  cost
>----------------------------------
>
>It is a John Deere-John Deere and I do not even want to think what a new
>hood would cost.  I have been thinking of some "crazy" type glue in the
>crack area and then maybe some fiberglass cloth bonding with  something(?) on
>the inside of the hood. The crack is only a few  inches long at this point.
>
>Tom

Mark Shulaw
454 County Road 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817
USA

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home
Hobby Collector and Dealer in John Deere
and Hercules Engines.
Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com