[SEL] Fairbanks Morse "Y" plate help please ??

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Mar 4 11:02:11 PST 2012

   Hi All,
           Can anyone help me here. I have been asked to make a few brass
   plates for a Fairbanks Morse Type "Y" engine and am busy with the
   artwork.
           I've got a reasonable picture to copy but it looks like this
   may have been a replica plate made by someone else and I've just
   discovered that 2 of the patent dates are the same - this is unusual
   and I was wondering if it was possibly a mistake made by whoever made
   the replica OR was the original plate like that (it's always possible
   that they did register 2 patents on the same day).
           If any list member has access to a FM "Y" with an original
   plate would you please be so kind as to check it out for me and let me
   know ?
           Click on the link below to see a picture with details:
   <[1]http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/PLATES/fmy.JPG>
           Thanks in advance for any replies.

   Keep the revs up (or down)
   Jerry Evans