[SEL] Wormy Wood

curt at rustyiron.com curt at rustyiron.com
Tue Jul 3 09:53:04 PDT 2012

> How do I beat them?  We can use an "oiler syringe" with mineral oil... or
> linseed oil... or turpentine... or iodine... to squirt down into the
> little 1/16 inch holes.  What to use?  And is there a better way to
> fumigate them out?
> Thanks for any input.
> And Happy 4th!!
> Jim in Vermont

Jim,
In industry we are required to heat treat wooden skids before any
shipments can go overseas. Do you have access to a large enough oven, or
can you fab something and heat the pieces? The required temperature is
only 140°F and this needs to be for 30 minutes.
Your critters will then be toast.
Curt in NC