[SEL] Wormy Wood

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Tue Jul 3 08:46:32 PDT 2012

On Jul 3, 2012, at 7:11 AM, Jim Hardman wrote:

> How do I beat them?  We can use an "oiler syringe" with mineral oil... or linseed oil... or turpentine... or iodine... to squirt down into the little 1/16 inch holes.  What to use?  And is there a better way to fumigate them out?

A friend of mine is an exterminator and a hobby entomologist. He recently helped out with an infestation on a piece of old equipment that we acquired. He used an aerosol can with a tube attached to the nozzle to squirt poison into every hole. He also said that I could probably do the job myself by using oil. I asked if linseed oil would work, and he said it would be fine. The powder post beetles suffocate after they get covered in oil.

Rob
www.rustyiron.com
www.wapa.us