[SEL] International M help

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Tue Jan 17 16:51:03 PST 2012

The ones I worked on have two check valves at the pump. Both valves
were at the inlet and outlet of the pump. Both were the early style
cast iron fuel pump. The check valve assembly threaded into the pump.   Mark

At 07:19 PM 1/17/2012, you wrote:
>I think I must be headed to the old folks home.  Mind does not  remember
>stuff like it used to.  Friend called and needed help with a 1
>1/2  hp M and I
>cannot remember how everything worked.  I have two 6 hp's and do  not feel
>like tearing one apart to get his answer.  All the books I have do  not help
>me. Here is the question.
>
>The fuel pump has a check ball on the discharge side to carb.This is
>located in the "Y" part of the pump.  Where is the check ball on
>the  incoming
>side of the pump?  Is it down in the fuel tank.  Its got to  have one
>somewhere or else the fuel would be pushed back to the tank rather than  carb.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tom  Schmutz
>Concord, Va.
>germoamer at aol.com

Mark Shulaw
454 County Road 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817
USA

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home
Hobby Collector and Dealer in John Deere
and Hercules Engines.
Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com