[SEL] Lost a friend

curt at rustyiron.com curt at rustyiron.com
Sun Aug 5 19:06:05 PDT 2012

JB,
SO sorry to hear this. Dick was one of the first people I met in the
hobby, long before knowing anything about the SEL. I used to see and talk
with him at the Portland swap meet in the spring, long before the
Parkinson's began to take it's toll.
When our little group toured engine collections two years ago, I am
thankful you included Dick's place in the stops. He enjoyed having us all
there as much as we enjoying being there. Would never have guessed this
would be the last time many of us would see him. His wife was such a
wonderful host to us all, and breakfast on that gorgeous porch, surrounded
with wonderful friends is a wonderful memory I'll carry forever. Indeed we
will miss him.
Curt Holland