[SEL] Rotigel mag tester

Tim Christoff tchristoff at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 28 19:10:50 PDT 2012

Dave once wrote that when he wanted to test a mag, he would get a kid down the street to hold on to the wire.  Well I tired that tonight.  I was working on an engine for Nikolai and he was watching.  I could not get the mag to fire so I set it up in the lathe and still was not able to notice the spark.  I so got Nikolai to hold on to the hot spot on the coil and I would spin it.  Did about 15 times around and he just stood there like nothing was going on.  So in frustration, I grabbed that spot and spun it and it just about layed me on the ground.  I looked over at Nikolai and he had the biggest grin on his face, basicly, it was a gotcha grin.  The kid must have a high tolerance to ele. or he was just screwing with me.  Anyway, Dave, your idea does not work.

Tim Christoff
Basehor, KS.

Tim Christoff