[SEL] Off Topic - Car Troubles - Buick - HELP !

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 09:00:22 PDT 2012

A similar problem happened to my 2001 Seville.  The engine  would stall
when sharply turning the steering wheel especially in a parking  lot.  Turning
off the ignition and then restart the engine got it going  again.  The
problem was the cam position sensor.  The following  describes possible Camshaft
Position Sensor symptoms:

"A failed camshaft position sensor will show up in a number of  ways. The
worst-case scenario is that there is no spark in the combustion  chamber.
Other symptoms related to the position sensor can include excessively  long
cranking time when starting cold, rough running on an intermittent basis,  poor
idle, stumbling or hesitation, a drop in mileage and stalling upon
acceleration. These position sensor trouble symptoms may also be caused by a
failure in the wiring of the sensor."

Another possibility is a faulty fuel  filter.
By the way, my wife's 2003 Buick will turn off and start the  engine in the
neutral position.

Francis Maciel
Santa Maria, Ca

In a message dated 4/23/2012 6:57:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,