[SEL] old engine photo revisited

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 06:19:49 PDT 2012

In a message dated 3/30/2012 8:51:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ddotto at cableone.net writes:

Also see the vertical coil spring between the
two top  spokes
--------------------------

Dave,

I had also noted the spring adjuster behind the spokes. It is probably a
Sta-Rite.  The thing that most amazes me is the mismatched flywheels,  spokes
in different locations, etc.  Unless someone took pains in  re-balancing
everything it would seem to me that the engine would not run very  well.

Ken is right about the wooden pulley on front, not a muffler.  Also  that
the engine original skids(?) are rotted on the front and they have been
remounted on a larger set of skids.

Both of the photos have been enlarged from the old small 2.5 x 3.5 photos
and are very yellowed with other deterioration marks.  These are probably
the only photos left and we will never know the history or use of the
engine.  Remarkable that they came from 2 different old family homes  and put
together after all these years.

Tom  Schmutz
Concord, Va.
germoamer at aol.com