[SEL] Little Casterton Working Weekend

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 01:46:25 PDT 2011

On 20 September 2011 01:52, Ben Carpenter <benlist at benc.us> wrote:
> Peter
>
> Nice pictures and a nice video.
>
> I guess I missed something or interpreted your message wrong.   I thought
> the video was going to have the two Fowler engines and cable plowing.  Did I
> miss it or did I interpret your message wrong?
>
> Ben Carpenter

Hi Ben:

We didn't have time to cover the traction engines, especially the two
Fowlers: 'Princess' engine number 14384, built 1917, and 'Victory'
engine number 15451, built 1926.

I did post some shots of these two and the double-ended cable
ploughing rig on Smokstak:

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95402

I don't like leaving the engine running by itself, and there was
nobody either side of us at the show who I felt able to ask to watch
it while I went off and did some photography. Rita would willingly
watch it, but I don't feel that she would be as competent as an engine
guy should there be an emergency of some kind.

There is another video I shot at Barleylands some years back, that had
two Fowlers and cable ploghing, might have been the same two engines.
I'll find that one and upload it to YouTube

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com