[SEL] Rugby World Cup - OT

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 8 14:12:20 PDT 2011

From: "Arnie Fero" <fero_ah at city-net.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 9:36 PM
To: <stationary-engine at oldengine.org>; <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Subject: Rugby World Cup - OT

> OK Folks,
> I think all list member's countries are represented in the Rugby World Cup
> that starts tomorrow.  http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/index.html
> Any one dare to venture a prediction on the winner?
> How about the biggest upset?  (Perhaps USA beats Australia in Pool C
> play?)
> Key teams (and their world ranking) include:
>  - New Zealand  (1)
>  - Australia    (2)
>  - South Africa (3)
>  - England      (5)
>  - Scotland     (7)
>  - Canada       (14)
>  - USA          (18)
> Go USA Eagles!!  8-))
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14725789
> See ya,  Arnie

Hi Arnie, I remember in 1950 my Grandfather took me to see 2 matches between
Warrington
Rugby Union Club and the American Base of Burtonwood 5 miles away.
This was one of the largest American overseas bases with about 50,000
servicemen on site.
The first match was American Football with all the protective clothing which
the Yanks won by 5 points!
The next match a week later was Rugby Union and the American team was
terrified by playing without
padded shoulders and body.
Warrington won by a very large score as the American team were terrified of
being hurt!
Let us hope you are now learning to play a mans game.   8^)

Dave Croft
http://oldengine.org/members/croft/
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv