[SEL] Engine data plates - what do you call them ?

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Nov 27 08:21:51 PST 2011

   Hi all,
           The lists are quiet so maybe you will not mind me asking the
   following question.
           The etched brass plates that I make are called by many
   different names in different parts of the world. Some are "Brass
   specification (or spec.) plates", "Engine data plates", "Brass engine
   plates" etc.etc.
           I'm busy tweaking my pages to get better search engine results
   (Google in particular). A Google for - Etched brass engine plates -
   already gives me the first 3 (unpaid for) listings on page one which is
   great and makes me feel quite proud of my webmastering skills  ;-).
           What I would like to know is, what are the other names that
   these plates could be called in your part of the world. In other words,
   if you were to do a search for them, what would you type into Google?
   That way I can add those terms (names) to my pages and get even broader
   coverage from the search engines.
           Replies on and off list will all be appreciated. Thanks in
   advance.

   Keep the revs up (or down)
   Jerry Evans
   <[1]www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>