[SEL] Taralga Rally/Wombat

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Nov 21 10:47:32 PST 2011

   At 07:00 PM 21/11/11, you wrote:

     From: Kerry <ozengine at optusnet.com.au>
     Subject: Re: [SEL] Taralga Rally
     G'Day Arnie, Curt
     I was one of the few lucky ones that was able to obtain a much sort
     after Wombat engine,

     <BIG SNIP>
     so at this stage thats it.
     Kerry

   Hi Kerry,
           Great story - thanks for sharing it with us. It's becoming
   quite commonplace (and very sad) these days to hear of "lost talents"
   in our hobby.
           Here in SA we have a company established in 1923 who make all
   our piston rings for the old engines. It is a family business started
   by the grandfather (or maybe great grandfather) of the current owners.
   They do their own castings for the rings and do a great job but, it
   seems like they will also not last forever in this "New South Africa"
           I managed to borrow 2 photographs from their reception area of
   their original premises - beautiful - I scanned them and will upload
   them to the Oldengine site as soon as they have sorted out the problems
   with the server.

   Keep the revs up (or down)
   Jerry Evans
   <[1]www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>