[SEL] "Premier" Engine??

sutter sutter6 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Nov 17 02:13:04 PST 2011

Hello SEL List

Would anyone know anything about an engine that has "Premier Engine - T
Richardson - . Elizabeth St , Melbourne" on the name plate. I saw it today
in a shed not far from my place - the owner has had 2 x timing gears made
for it - but did not know much about it - he thought it was from around
1912-14.

It is a vertical with one really heavy flywheel on a heavy open cast iron
stand that sits on a steel transporter with a large square water tank that
has 2 or 3 "baffle" plates inside. Looks to be around 3HP - atmospheric
inlet valve, Bosch Mag.(DA4 ??) and Schebler carby. It looked a bit like a
marine engine but the water tank and transporter looked original.

Could get a photo if necessary.

Regards

Rod Sutter

sutter6 at bigpond.net.au