[SEL] aging new timber to look old

curt at rustyiron.com curt at rustyiron.com
Wed Nov 16 15:05:37 PST 2011

Craig,
A piece of the aging process might include a light sandblasting. That will
remove a little of the softer wood and leave the grain a little higher,
something you would see with natually aged wood.
Then I'd be tempted to wipe the wood down with some really dirty motor
oil, and rub this back off.
Curt Holland
Bessemer City, NC