[SEL] 1914 Galloway 6hp "Transition" engine

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Mon May 9 04:54:28 PDT 2011

G'day all;

   Many THANKS to friend and fellow ATIS'r Frank Gremaux for thinking of me
when he rescued this 1914 6hp Galloway "Transition" engine. It's a fine
example of old style and new style parts. Now comes the task of figuring out
which mag went on the proprietary shelf bracket. I don't think it was an
Auto-Sparker, but what do I know?

Old Style  Hopper, cylinder/main casting

New Style  Rounded Head, Friction Clutch Pulley, Flywheels and Governor
flyweights(2)

It's mounted on a partial mid-sized Galloway cart now but should fit nicely
on my new style Gal truck with sawing attachment.

Pictures at;

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/580140090BOVXVU

Life is good and will post more pictures later after it's mounted on the
sawing outfit.

Regards
RickinMt.