[SEL] Indiana collections

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Wed Mar 16 18:11:09 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Best, George wrote:

> Arnie,
>
> It's starting to look like a HOWT!  I think I just added two more
> collections to the route today ;-)
>
> Problem with adding more stops is it means you sometimes have to leave
> one place you'd like to stay longer, but you can't as you've got to be
> at another collection later the same day.
>
> There's also that old cat herding problem I have to deal with to get
> people back in the van so we can make it to the next stop!

  I know how you feel George, we do a local tour every year and I head
it up. I know about where we have to be at what time to make the whole
tour, it's hard to get evryone going when some are very interested where
they are. It reminds me of something that happened in high school. One
of my friends dad had an ice cream trucks, hired a man to run one of the
routes. He started to get complaints that the truck was passing too
fast, the kids couldn't get to the road before he passed. Red called the
driver in and told him about the complaints, his reply was that the
route was 31 miles long and if he didn't drive fast he wouldn't make the
whole round. When it's time to leave I ask the group if they want to eat
ice cream or make the route.
J.B. Castagnos