[SEL] O.T. Conversion tables and stuff

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Wed Mar 2 17:09:25 PST 2011

On Mar 2, 2011, at 10:25 AM, Jerry Evans wrote:
>  A few years ago I sent a link to a really great little conversion utility called "Convert" which I know many of you downloaded ('cos you told me). It's the kind of Free Software that I really like - small in size  (153 Kbytes.), no spyware, no viruses (virii), no nag screens, no Windoze installation needed (it runs off the .exe file),  just good useful stuff. So here it is again for anyone who needs it. Written by someone with a love for computers and programming - NOT a profit motive.

Hi, Jerry.
When in the garage, going into the house to the computer is inconvenient because my shoes are dirty. Getting a book of the shelf is inconvenient because my hands are dirty.  But I always have my smart phone with me.

I go to Google and type in what I need.  For instance, I can type in
"convert 25 newton meters to foot pounds"
and Google returns "25 newtons meter = 18.4390537 foot pound"

If I need the area of a circle with a radius of 4, I type in,
"pi(4)^2" and Google returns "pi * (4^2) = 50.2654825"

Check out all the stuff Google can do for you:
http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/features.html#calculator

Have fun.
Rob