[SEL] Subject: Re: International M 1.5hp

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Jun 3 11:20:47 PDT 2011

   At 06:00 PM 03/06/2011, you wrote:

     Message: 1
     Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 18:16:52 GMT
     From: "jlb94 at juno.com" <jlb94 at juno.com>
     Subject: Re: [SEL] International M 1.5hp
     Hi Andy,
     I just purchased a 1929 Int'l "M" a few weeks ago.
     On the right side of the hopper (looking from behind the flywheels)
     there is a decal
     approx. 2?" x 6?" that would say McCormick Deering.
     On the left side of the hopper there is a decal approx 2?" x 2" that
     I cannot read.
     It looks like four circles crammed together (like an expanded world
     globe or something).
     I have no idea what the printing on this one might be.
     I am pretty sure my 1? Int'l "M" is original as there is one leg of
     the skid
     (starting/working  side) that still has "1? HP McCormick Deering"
     printed on it.
     Hope this helps.
     Joe "Pip" Betz said that.

   Hi Joe & Andy,
           I have redrawn that "Double Globe" decal for reproduction here
   in South Africa. The one I have done has the world map etc. in shades
   of blue and grey and all else in Gold with a black outline. There was
   another "colour scheme" used as well but I would need to go through
   backups to find that. Bear in mind also that exported models had
   different markings - many e-mails passed between myself and the late
   John Hammink on this subject!
           I have put a pic on my site here:
   <[1]http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/Internat%20Harvesternew%20lo
   go.jpg>
   of the one that I have redrawn, it includes the correct size.
           I unfortunately cannot say which years had this particular
   decal or which years had the other colour scheme. I think the other
   colour scheme was just gold with a black outline but would not put my
   "cock on a block" as to that information.
           I trust that this info is helpful and does not just add to your
   confusion !!

   Keep the revs up (or down)
   Jerry Evans
   <[2]www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>