[SEL] OT: Joined The Dark Side

Lew Best lew at lewslittlefarm.com
Wed Jun 1 18:33:41 PDT 2011

Well back in my high school days I always wanted an MG Midget.  Couldn't
afford one until just before I got married & I knew that one would be
impractical then (bride didn't drive; no room in it to even carry groceries
home; much less travel).

I was at a "country auction" about a year & a half ago & there was one
there!  No one knew whether it had an engine or not; couldn't get the bonnet
up to see.  Had no shift lever & the radiator, a pair of carburetors, etc.
were in the boot.  I bought it cheap; got it home, got the bonnet open & the
engine was there.  Had to put points in it & it fired right up; runs good!
It even had the title!  I think it's really neat to be able to find a "car
from your childhood days (though this is a 72 & I was dreaming about one
back in the early 60's; body style on this one is the same)

I haven't messed with it further; broke my hip in October & now too much
catching up to do since I've recovered (full hip replacement at the VA
hospital in Houston)

There are pix of the car on my website lewslittlefarm.com

Lew near Waco, TX