[SEL] OT: Joined The Dark Side

Best, George (DS) George_Best at adp.com
Wed Jun 1 15:11:23 PDT 2011

On Saturday I bought something that will seriously put a stop to any engine buying by me for awhile.

Didn't buy a tractor, but did buy a car.

Bought a 1964 Ford Falcon.

Many many years ago, back when I was in high school, I had a 64 Falcon Sprint 260V8 and 4speed.  Had that car for several years until Uncle Sam wanted to give me a free trip to southeast Asia, at which time I sold the car and went into the Air Force instead.

Back in my pre-married days I also had a modified 65 Comet Cyclone, which was the fastest car of my youth.

I've been married 40 years now, and the cars of my youth have been calling my name and I couldn't resist buying another 64 Falcon.

Although this one is much more modified than anything I've had in the past.

This one has a 351V8 that has been dynoed at 425hp, and rest of car has been modified to handle the engine.

So after buying this toy, it will take a looooonnnngggg time to rebuild my money account for new toys, unless I sell a few of my current engines and tractors.

George

Ps.... anyone want to buy an engine or two????