[SEL] SEL Digest, Vol 88, Issue 20

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Jul 31 10:19:30 PDT 2011

   At 06:00 PM 31/07/2011, Steve W wrote:

     ------------------------------
     Message: 6
     Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:34:28 -0400
     From: "Steve W." <swilliams268 at frontier.com>
     Subject: Re: [SEL] O.T. Please identify this modern US made engine
             (motor)

     <Big Snip>

   Briggs and Stratton Micro engine direct drive version.
   4 stroke, air cooled, 1HP
   Most of the direct drive ones were used on small pumps and such. The
   same engine in a clutch drive was used on string trimmers.
   Steve W.
   Thanks Steve (and other replies),
           It was identified on the "other list" by Steve Gray as follows:
   "HI Jerry -
     That's indeed a Briggs weedwacker engine sold by Sears about 4 years
   ago. 40cc. Have one still in use. With a few screws removed, I can get
   a decent picture of it tomorrow if you'd like. Mine has the same
   muffler and carb on it. Can also supply the numbers if needed.
   - Steve"
           NOW, can anyone tell me the Model, etc. so that I can search
   the Briggs site for a manual - maybe I'll do something with it yet.
           Dave and Arnie, it's too light for a boat anchor but I'm sure
   it would annoy other exhibitors at shows as much as a Maytag :-)

   Keep the revs up (or down)
   Jerry Evans
   <[1]www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>