[SEL] Drawbar/Turntable Trailer

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 00:25:33 PST 2011

On 10 February 2011 21:18, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> A few of you may remember our questions regarding the brakes that we
> were going to use on the new trailer/RV that we are building.
>
> Well things have moved along a tad, we expect to start welding the 6.5
> metre (21ft) step-frame chassis next week.

Here are the previous images with a brief description:

New 3.5ton coupling
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer1.jpg

Heavy box sections for the trailer front axle pivot, 250 X 100 X 10mm wall
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer2.jpg

New 2.75kVA genny
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer3.jpg

Refillable LPG cylinder, takes Autogas at regular filling stations,
28.8 litres net
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer4.jpg
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer5.jpg

Main thrust bearing for the steering pivot, 75mm ID
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer8.jpg

Honeycom sandwich sheets for the floor and internal divider, 3.5metre X 2.2metre
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer10.jpg
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer11.jpg
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer12.jpg

Heavy checker plate for the engine trolley to stand on inside, nicely packaged
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer14.jpg
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer13.jpg

Chassis end of the main steering pivot with one of the two radial bearings
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer15.jpg

Looking inside the box section, those bolts are 3/4" UNF
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer16.jpg

Both radial thrust bearings loosely assembled to the upper box section
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer17.jpg

Upper box section, it is 400mm or 16" long
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer20.jpg

Lower box section which forms part of the front axle support. The
stainless disc I was turning last evening bolts onto the bottom of
this part when finished.
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer21.jpg
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer20.jpg

Section of the drawing for the axle pivot
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer22.jpg

Laser-cut stiffeners for the step in the chassis frame, they are 4mm steel
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer23.jpg

Laser-cut drawbar hing plates
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer24.jpg

Laser-cut gussets, those with holes in carry the engine lashing eyes
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer25.jpg

Body support brackets, 40 pces
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer26.jpg

M30 X 200 A2 stainless bolts, before being chopped to make the drawbar pivots
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer27.jpg

Pivot bolts, waiting for the big 'R' clips so I can get them drilled to size.
http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DBTrailer28.jpg

That's all for now and brings it up to date as far as pictures go.
Here is a pdf file with the main drawing, as of January:

http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded/DRAWBAR1_Model_2.pdf

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes