[SEL] New Year Crank Up

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Dec 29 10:55:46 PST 2011

   At 07:00 PM 29/12/11, you wrote:

     Message: 2
     Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:51:20 +1100
     From: Patrick Livingstone <patrick.livingstone at gmail.com>
     What is everyone going to fire up to celebrate the New Year?

   <snip>

     Patrick M Livingstone

   Hi Patrick,
           Well, the first thing we will "fire up" will be the old Weber
   Braai (that's BBQ to the unenlightened :-))
           Then we'll probably crack a good few ales or similar.
           Then, before the "ales" take their toll we'll look at an engine
   or two.
           I think that, in honour of all our Aussie mates it will have to
   be "Reggie" my 'lil Ronnie N :
   <[1]http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/reggie/index.htm>
           but, as Arnie pointed out, with a name like "Reggie" he is
   bound to misbehave (especially after a good few ales).
           Maybe I'll try his mate "Rusty" after that:
   <[2]http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/Rustydone2.JPG>
           "Rusty" is a true British gentleman and always starts up with
   one or two swings of the crankhandle - very reliable. He also has a
   very quiet muffled sound "Poof - Poof - Poof". Very much like a
   "poofter" farting !!
           Failing all of the above, It'll have to be a bloody Maytag  :-)
   !!!
   <[3]http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/maytag/index.htm>
   (sorry Mark) (Dave they do run by themselves !)
           Whatever happens you can all be sure that Jacqui and I will be
   thinking of all the fantastic friends that we've made on these lists
   and will drink quite a few "toasts" to all you great guys 'n gals -
   that's a promise.

   Keep the revs up (or down)
   Jerry Evans
   <[4]www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>