[SEL] Christmas auction? (the changing nature of the email lists)

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 03:19:12 PST 2011

Both ATIS and Oldengine are a lot quieter than they have in the past but
there are still quite a few of the die hards hanging in here.
There are a lot more old iron people on the internet now but a lot more
places for them to go. When I first stumbled upon the lists in the late '90s
there were very few places on the internet for an old iron fix; now there
may be too many.
I still enjoy reading the post here but I also hang about on the TOMM Forum,
Smokstak, and two of the UK forums (although I only tend to post in one of
them). There are also quite a few of us on Facebook and even a handful on
twitter.
In the last few years I have had to cut back a bit due to getting married,
house renovations, selling, moving, and having a child but I still find time
to get on the net and even get some work done on engines.
Many of us here are like family (even if many of us have never met face to
face) and have gone through many ups and downs together.
Patrick

On 20/12/11 9:16 AM, "Best, George" <George_Best at adp.com> wrote:

> Remember years ago when we used to have the Christmas auction to raise funds
> for various charities.
>
> Do the ATIS people still do this?
>
> Seems to me that the lists have been pretty well been replaced by SmokStak and
> other forums (other than ATIS Forum).
>
> Only an occasional posting now through SEL.
>
> George

Patrick M Livingstone
0418 692013
Earlwood NSW