[SEL] Moving engines for Christmas

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 02:37:48 PST 2011

As a Christmas present to myself I brought another of my favourite engines
out of storage in the weekend. The throttle governed YC Stover has not been
touched since its last rally in September 2009.
Once in its new home is started first pull. You cannot ask for more than
that.
The only problem I had is the height of the engine. It is too tall to go
under the carport on the trailer so I had to unload it at the end of the
driveway and my wife and I pushed it to the garage.
The Stover just clears the doorway and the front part of the garage with the
muffler removed:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/Stover/garage2011dec%20001.jp

I have swapped the Austral and Stover around so that the taller engine now
has more headroom.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/Stover/garage2011dec%20002.jp

It also placed my two 1917 engines end to end:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/austral1874/garage2011dec%200
03.jpg

Merry Christmas to all on the lists.

Patrick M Livingstone