[SEL] Christmas auction?

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Mon Dec 19 21:32:26 PST 2011

On Dec 19, 2011, at 2:16 PM, Best, George wrote:

> Seems to me that the lists have been pretty well been replaced by SmokStak

Times change, George.

SmokStak offers a 21st century medium of information exchange, while ATIS and OldEngine are stuck in 1999. ATIS still doesn’t allow the exchange of pictures, and OldEngine is limited to 75k.

I like reading an email about your engines, but seeing high-quality pictures increases the value of your email immensely. My point: Would you rather I send you a list of the engines that were at the show last weekend, or would you rather I sent the pictures?

Personally, I prefer the intimacy of the email experience over a web-based forum where everyone has secret code names. But familiarity without valuable content is a hollow experience. I stick around for nostalgia’s sake, but I’m afraid that the glory days of SEL are long gone.

Rob

P.S.
Feel free to email me with your engine pics!