[SEL] Bill's Selling a toy

Alan rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 16:27:19 PDT 2011

So true, Bill-San,

Up until 1965 when we went to Missouri five to seven times per year to visit Grandma down in the holler on the farm where my Mom grew up all they had was a one-holer next to the creek.
What I noticed was every time we showed up there always was a brand new fresh roll of TP in the outhouse on the peg.
AND,,,,, The catalog laying there was always in a different state of use.
In other words it was very obvious that when there was no company all they used were Sears and Monkey Wards catalogs.

I asked Mom about that and she had grown up that way.
Except in the Summer they would grab a handful of leaves on their way to the outhouse.
About the catalog pages Mom told me that as you sat down you would tear off however many pages you figured you would need and start crinkling them up while you did your job.

Alan in Michigan